leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Tips for driver's seats

8 answers

Hello,

On my other car, the driver's seat is starting to show signs of being a renovation runner.

some cracks will soon tear. Do you think that the repair paste will prevent tearing.

Thank you for your advice

answer

Hello,

The paste prevents the leather from cracking, because the paste is not only a putty but also a glue. For the pulp to be effective, there must be a certain thickness of leather left, not the thickness of a sheet of cigarette paper. First of all and as a matter of urgency, oil your leather.

Sincerely

answer

Thank you for the answer.

If I have to use your repair kit for my seats afterwards, isn't there a risk of having a problem with the repair paste if I pass oil beforehand?

what is the order of passage of the products:

First the oil to soften the old leather, then after drying make the repair of the seats with the reparatrrice paste or the opposite.

answer

Hello,

It is necessary to pass the oil before the paste and wait several days ( 4 or 5) before repairing the cracks.

Sincerely

Sofolk

answer

Hello,
I need another advice
For my other car (picture above), the driver's seat is not yet cracked. Just a mark that could split (photo 1). In your opinion, would the colourless renovation kit without coloration with the healing stick be enough to stop the degradation and renew the seats or, in view of the picture of my first message, it would be better to use the complete renovation kit for all the seats to plug the imperfections that have formed like the one I ordered for my other car to remove the marks. The driver's seat is not damaged (photo2)

answer

Photos

answer

photo 2

answer

In view of the photos, the leather healing is sufficient, it will prevent the crack from moving away as would the paste but without being forced to recolour. A good lubrication, the blocking of fragile areas with the healing agent and a good layer of varnish with maybe a cleaning if the leather is dirty, these 4 operations are sufficient. The colourless kit contains the 4 products to renovate this vehicle.

Sincerely

Sofolk

answer

Thank you, I'll order the kit.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Leather steering wheel renovation tutorial
Par Philippe, le 30/12/2017
Leather car seat renovation tutorial
Par SOFOLK, le 04/02/2019
Couleur sièges bmw
Par Maxime, le 21/04/2024
Steering wheel leather renovation - mercedes clk w209
Par Allicerrot, le 21/04/2024
Utilizzo vernice pelle per pannello porte ?
Par Max, le 17/04/2024
Bmw z4 perlgrau
Par Teme, le 16/04/2024
Restauro sedili audi tt 1.8 t quattro del 2005
Par Massimo, le 10/04/2024
Rinnovo volante pelle jaguar
Par Maxime, le 08/04/2024
Color change on bmw seats
Par Samppa, le 26/03/2024
Teasla beige interior to ultra-white
Par Abbi, le 01/10/2023
Direct from the manufacturer