leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Renovate a togo sofa - roset line

5 answers

Hello,

I bought a Togo of about twenty years old color HAVANE.

I would have liked to renovate it and I have several questions:

- I don't know the quality of the leather and don't know how to recognize it (full grain...)

- I'm afraid to put sandpaper on my couch (!!!!) and it might be tedious because it's all "wrinkled" and has leather folds.

- The leather at the head level is very cardboard and has a waxy appearance, it is very dry compared to the rest of the sofa. Will the special sebum product work?

- The colour is still good, but there is a white spot on the seat. Do I have to re-colour the sofa to reduce this stain?

Would it be possible to have a protocol to give him back his youth? I dream of a soft and supple leather!

Please give me the quantities to buy for 2 heaters and a 2-seater sofa.

Thank you very much,

Corinne

answer

Hello,

If your leather is cardboard or very dry you will need to moisturize it no matter what and before any renovation operation. For this reason we recommend our leather sofa sofa.

For your task, and more generally for cleaning without discolouration, we recommend our leather cleaner. This product is the most powerful thing we have without discoloring. If your task does not start with this product, it is because you will have to renovate / recolour the whole of your sofa (in order to have a uniform colouring).

The quality of the leather does not matter when it comes to using our products. If your leather is "full grain", it means that you simply have a beautiful quality. What is important to us is that our recolouring products (with the exception of leather dyeing) are not applied to velvety leather (nubuck, suede).

Don't be afraid to sand your leather! Before any repair and re-colouring, we ask for a light sanding, in order to "break the original varnish" and "open" your leather. You will also need to strip well with acetone. This last operation, which may seem impressive, is certainly the most important. Without this operation, the paint may not penetrate the leather well and may only remain on the surface. In this case, it will then give the impression that it is never completely dry...

Regarding the quantity of products, you will need:

- 1.5 litre of leather pigment recolouring agent in all colours -
500ml of silky leather varnish -
2 to 3 tubes of repair paste for the leatherThe

renovation should only be done at least one month after the last application of the fabric softener.

We advise you, if you have not already done so, to consult our tutorial renovation of a leather sofa

answer

Hello

Thank you for your answer,

What do you think of this protocol? I don't want to re-colour it at this time:

Spread one or two layers ofedible oil because leather is dry in some places (you can go anywhere or only in dry places (headrest)?

Wait 10 days

Cleaner/Stain RemoverLeather, clean up traces of sebum dirty parts of the sofa (stains, clothing) repeat the operation the number of times necessary without accelerating drying, with a microfibre cloth for wiping (is there an interest in putting the sebum product on the headrests cardboard cleaning it on the rest?)
Apply a small amount of acetone to the frame to remove the shine.

spread one or two layers of
edible oil after the cleaning.

Thank you for your answer,

Corinne

answer

Hello,

No, your protocol is not good!

1- Clean everywhere with the stain remover and insist on the dirtiest areas (armrests, head positions
)2- Apply the edible oil everywhere once your leather has dried after cleaning

Never use the acetone if you do not re-colour because the acetone will partially discolour your leather!

answer

Perfect!!!!!

Thank you for your quick answer!

Can I use fabric softener?

At what time?

Thank you. Thank you.

Corinne

answer

The fabric softener is simply more moisturizing and nourishing than beef foot oil. It is recommended to use it for "cardboard" leathers. You will achieve the same result with the foot of beef oil, but you will probably have to apply it one or two more times...

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Dying a natuzzi sofa
Par Bill, le 15/01/2024
Sofa green colour with light black effect
Par MAX B, le 17/08/2020
Change of colour of sofa
Par Kd, le 14/10/2019
Stained leather renovation
Par Alain, le 09/10/2019
Renovate sofa
Par François, le 30/09/2019
A leather living room to be completely redone