leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Recolor sofa leather colored with the wrong color

3 answers

Hello,

I bought from Amazon a SOFOLK kit to renovate my dark grey sofa damaged by cat scratches. I filled it up well with the Repacuir, then I put the re-colouring but unfortunately the colour is too wrinkled and bluish (anthracite). I tried to buy a lighter grey product to mix with it but I was wrong and took a dye from another brand, so it didn't work at all and I gave up on that idea. Anxious to see all the white parts I filled with Repacuir I still repainted the damaged areas with the too dark color in the hope that it would lighten a little once dry, but that was not the case. I didn't put the varnish on and left it as it was. What can I do about it?

answer

Hello,

The choice of colour is not something to be taken lightly. As you have experienced, the rendering of a real of a color displayed on a bright screen is very different...

Rest assured, it is fortunately perfectly possible to fix all this. To obtain a shade identical to that of your leather, it is necessary to send us a small sample, the procedure for which can be found here. We can then reproduce your color.

However, please note that we never recommend color retouching on only one part. Even with the same colour, you will still get a lack of homogeneity. Only a total recoloration will allow to obtain a perfect result!

Here are the 3 products required to undertake the recoloration, protection and rehydration of a 2/3-seater sofa on a dark color like yours:

- 500ml of leather pigment re-colouring agent -
200ml of silky varnish or protective wax -
125ml of nourishing leather oil

answer

Thank you for your answer. I will try to find a sample, my request is a little urgent however I should specify this once sent?

answer

I bought this reclining sofa set from Amazon and my cat did the same. I painted the sofa but it didn't work. I suggest you not color it by yourself. One of my friends is working in the furniture shop he helped me to gain its original appearance back. I recommend you to consult with any furniture expert in your area.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Dying a natuzzi sofa
Par Bill, le 15/01/2024
Sofa green colour with light black effect
Par MAX B, le 17/08/2020
Change of colour of sofa
Par Kd, le 14/10/2019
Stained leather renovation
Par Alain, le 09/10/2019
Renovate sofa
Par François, le 30/09/2019
A leather living room to be completely redone