leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Renovation leather club chair

9 answers

Hello,

Some time ago I got a club chair (Normandy model I think) that must be a few years old. (maybe 60's)
The leather, certainly due to lack of moisture, was very dry, brittle and flaky in places.
I tried to feed him but that wasn't enough.
So I dropped it off at a upholsterer who was supposed to renovate the leather and give me a new patina.
Serious mistake! a bad craftsman... (I can possibly give you these coordinates)
Basically he repainted the patina of the time with a kind of paint shiny plastic appearance without any shade.... (I even saw the low-pressure paint gun in his workshop) Goodbye my patina from the 1950s.
In short, not being able to support this new plastic aspect anymore, I decided to do a new patina and while looking for information I came across your site.
Looking closer I notice that the plastic layer does not hold and peels, unfortunately not from everywhere.
So I decided to remove it to get a raw leather and re-skate it.
Several things.
- The plastic layer holds seriously in place in places. I don't dare use a chemical stripper. Do you have an adequate product?
- Removing the layer tears off the old patina and the leather is really raw and dry. Is there a need for a cleaning and degreasing product before patina? And what is needed to seriously hydrate it?
- the leather is a little cracked, flaky and even has a few small holes in places. Can I use a filler if I want a patina (and unpainted) look afterwards? I also think that the resin to glue back the scales and addicts is necessary.
- after preparation I would like to do a new patina. Please tell me the appropriate products.

I will send you some pictures but a priori in first message it is not possible.

Please enlighten me and tell me which products I need to order from you.

With all my thanks

answer

Hello,

It is reparable, the first thing to do is to strip the chair to find the flower of the leather, we have a product for that, it is the Degreaser Stripper, then you will grease the leather with the Oil Beef Foot and depending on the condition of the leather and what you want to obtain aesthetically, we will advise you. First remove this film. We will dose the stripping agents harder, you will need to use solvent-resistant gloves and a good roll of sopalin. Then on the cuffs, backrest and seat cushion, a good dose of oil.

Qty.

answer

Hello,

Thank you for that quick answer!

So I buy these two products and contact her again for the next step.

See you soon

answer

Hello again,

if you could give me the rest of the procedure I could group my order to avoid shipping costs.
Thank you in advance

Sincerely

answer

Hello,

For the stripper you need 1 liter, and for the oil 125 ml. The stripper will dissolve the film, without damaging the grain of the leather, unlike tearing it off... Then you will have to regenerate the leather, sand it to remove the scales then tint it and finally patinate it with wax. Our request to wait for the end of the stripping is the uncertainty on the more or less important cracks that can appear and require the paste or healing ,in this case the procedure will be different. We will send you a code so that you do not have to pay the shipping costs for the second order.

Qty.

answer

Hello,

All right, I'll start by stripping and moisturizing the leather before ordering the necessary for the next step.
I think that the repair paste and also the sticky resin will be necessary. The leather has a lot of cracks, scaly kids and a few holes.
Indeed, the removal of the painted layer has considerably damaged the flower. The leather looks very porous and rough! I should have contacted you before removing this layer.....
Please send me the code so that I can place my order
Cordially

answer

Hello,

We have sent you the code ,by email, we think, considering what you describe ,it is preferable to put the regenerator before the oil.

Qty.

answer

OK thank
you I order these two products.
What do you mean by "regenerator"? Is this about the degressive stripper?
I imagine that resin and putty also apply before the oil?
Sincerely

answer

As much for me
I just saw on your site what the regenerator corresponded to

I think I'll order the kit from you.

Renovation kit old leather club chair

a liter of paint stripper

the healing stick.

I think that in the end all these products will be useful to me

Old leather renovation kit for club chairs

answer

You made the right choice.