leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Old club chair

11 answers

Hello,

I bought an old club chair that has traces of scratches (a dog. it also has some small tears, a piece of superficial leather has disappeared showing the skin underneath. Finally the seat chair is much clearer than the rest of the chair, it seems to me to be more recent than the rest but has worn out and become clearer.

I would like to send you pictures and have your opinion on the products to buy and how to restore it knowing that my budget is limited.

Thank you and Best regards,

Elgin

answer

Hello,

There is some laminating work to do to make a good renovation, but it is feasible, you will need a few pieces of basane and paste. The cushion has certainly been redone, at the time of this armchair (1920/1930) the cushions were often made of velvet.

Qty.

answer

Thank you for your answer. Can you give me more information:-On the part that is torn, can I stick with the repair paste or do I need another product? - For the colour after using the paste, use a tinted wax or do I have to use a pigmented recolouring? - Can you colour the paste and if so, should I always use the recolouring? - For the chair cushion, is the tinted wax sufficient or should I recolour? - How can I ensure that the colour of the chair after retouching to the paste is the same as the rest of the chair and that the colour of the cushion is as similar/identical to that of the chair?-I read on the forum that pigment recoloration has a somewhat opaque effect, like "painting" and I would like to keep the color as close as possible to the original and as natural as possible...what would you advise me to do?-- On the part of the armrest where the skin is torn off, should I use repair paste or the leather healing bottle?- Can you make me a personalized kit with pieces of leather for the repairs? - Must also use a cleaner - and if so one that does not discolor or one that discolors? - Must I use the regenerator and beef oil? - to give me all the indications to make a successful repair, Well cordially, E

answer

Hello,

The lamination is to be done with the paste, we will explain how to do it, to erase the difference in colour it will be necessary to use the club fawn stain after application of the fawn pigment recolourant on the parts repaired with the paste. On the armrest you will have to cover the wood with a cotton wool and then a piece of leather, on the cuff you will have to redo the flower of the ripped leather.

Qty.

answer

Hello

First of all here is a repair with the paste, can you tell me if it looks good to you?

answer

On the damaged part of the file, it's on "soft", how can I repair? should I use a piece of leather or just stick with the repair paste?

answer

Finally for the cuff - see photo above. You tell me "that it will be necessary to remake the flower of the torn leather"....

Can you tell me how to do it?

Thank you. Thank you.

answer

Hello,

Yes, that's very good.

Sincerely

The SOFOLK team

answer

Okay I continue so I don't need to color the repair paste for now so...

Can you answer me on the other two questions?

Thank you. Thank you.

answer

Hello,

To do a good job we scratch a piece of old leather that we mix with the lightly dyed paste and we reform the missing layer, light sanding and recoloration otherwise we apply the dyed paste in small layers with sanding at each application.

Qty.

answer

For the leather flower we gave you the answer.

For soft parts such as the back, it is necessary to remove by removing the upholsterer's necks and glue the leather piece.

In fragile areas you must spread paste or laminate when possible, the disassembly of certain parts of the chair is easy to achieve and lamination is a guarantee of longevity.

Qty.

answer

Renovation saved us a lot of money. Ayodhya Tour Packages

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Renovation of 4 club chairs
Par Virgile69, le 26/08/2019
Club chair catering
Par Felip76, le 17/05/2019
Restaurant armchair and sofa club
Par Mag_leb, le 09/04/2019
Club chair renovation
Par Oladys74, le 27/03/2019