Between the wear and tear of time, stains, cat scratches from a feline sharpening its claws, and the clumsiness of each of us, a leather sofa can suffer from cracks and multiple cuts. But thanks to the professionalism and expertise of Sofolk, a French manufacturer of leather renovation products for 30 years, the solution is just a click away!
Before you embark on repairing a cut on the leather of your sofa, it is essential to identify the type of accident that your sofa, armchair, or car seat leather has suffered.
There are 5 types of accidents on a leather sofa:
Very regularly, bumps or folds are visible on the leather sofa. By bumps, we mean a deformation caused by poor storage or objects improperly placed on the leather. As for the folds and creases on the seat, these are simply the formation of wrinkles and scratches due to the passage of time. Daily sitting and abnormal pressure from objects caused by poor storage are therefore a cause of cuts on the leather sofa.
Very small clean cuts are also an incident that can happen to your leather sofa. They can be caused by keys, a box cutter blade, or even a knife.
Small clean cuts should not be confused with larger ones. Indeed, the repair solution is not the same due to the size of the cut.
Small and large tears are, as the name suggests, a part of your sofa that is cut, but less cleanly than a simple cut.
Furthermore, it is possible that the cat scratches the leather of your sofa, and then it's a disaster. Two types of damage are noticeable on the leather. The first brings out the fibers of the sofa, while the second is distinguished only by the appearance of the traces of scratches on the leather.
Each of the different types of accidents has its solution for leather cut repair.
- Deformed Leather: Simple depressions and leather markings are repaired with a repair paste. The paste will need recoloring based on the sofa's color due to its initial whiteness. Our repair paste (in a tube) is applied with a small spatula (or the right angle of a cardboard) and requires recoloring work for the aforementioned reason.
- Small Cut on Leather : The small clean cut is restored with the help of a clear healing agent. An exclusive product from our Sofolk brand. This repair product glues simple cuts without leaving traces or bulges on the sofa after drying.
- Large Cut on Leather: For large clean cuts, before venturing into leather cut repair using the clear healing agent, it is necessary to perform a backing task on the sofa. This task involves reinforcing the leather of your sofa.
- Torn Leather: Small and large tears are first dealt with by identifying the type of leather. Then, depending on the type of leather, Sofolk offers several methods to repair leather tears.
- Cat Scratches : Cleaning, repairing, recoloring, protecting, and rehydrating are the 5 steps to repair cat scratches on a leather sofa. Discover the complete and detailed guide for repairing cat scratches.
100% french manufacturing since 1989!
Payment by CB, PayPal, Bank transfer
7 working days
2 to 5 additional working days if paint made-to-measure
+33 5 57 34 69 72
From Monday to Friday
from 9.30AM to 12.30PM and 13.30PM to 18.00PM