leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Change the interior colour from beige leather to black

9 answers

d

answer

Hello, I would like to change the color of my seats and roof sky to black.
It's an Old Austin Mini

They're a little cracked but soft, I think it's real leather because of the thickness.

Is it possible to change the color and if so, what would be the steps and cost?

Thank you to you

answer

Hello,

There is absolutely no problem to recolour all your leather car seats in black. For this, we have a kit that perfectly meets your expectations here https://www.renovation-du-cuir.fr/en-gb/car/leather-seat/complete-kits_18.html. The instructions for use and the order of application of the products will be sent to you at the same time as your order.

Concerning your roof canopy, it is certainly not made of leather, the products in the kit proposed will not be suitable. On the other hand, we can perfectly provide you with black aerosol dye. Count 1 to 2 aerosols according to the color to be covered (29.90âA / aerosol).

answer

Thank you for your feedback.

Several questions:
1. Will the black of the kit be shiny or matt, I would like to get a result like this:

2. How long does it take to sit on it? I have a note 1h between each coat, 48 before varnishing
But, for the third coat of varnish (1 week later) I must no longer touch these seats in the meantime?

3. Nourishing oil: Do I have to pass it between each layer, i.e.: 1 hour of drying, Food then re-48 hours of waiting?
If it has to be spent after Varnish how long to wait for it to penetrate

In summary, how long are the seats immobilized?

How long does it last?

Finally Is the kit enough for my little one inside? (Front seats headrest rear bench seat)

Last question, in your quid you indicate
Attention: The previous layer must not stick (wet or poorly cleaned leather) Do not put two treated surfaces in contact until

answer

Thank you for your feedback.

Several questions:
1. Will the black of the kit be shiny or matt, I would like to get a result like this:

2. How long does it take to sit on it? I have a note 1h between each coat, 48 before varnishing
But, for the third coat of varnish (1 week later) I must no longer touch these seats in the meantime?

3. Nourishing oil: Do I have to pass it between each layer, i.e.: 1 hour of drying, Food then re-48 hours of waiting?
If it has to be spent after Varnish how long to wait for it to penetrate

In summary, how long are the seats immobilized?

How long does it last?

Finally Is the kit enough for my little one inside? (Front seats headrest rear bench seat)

Last question, in your quid you indicate
Attention: The previous layer must not stick (wet or poorly cleaned leather) Do not put two treated surfaces in contact until

answer

Good evening,

By default, the kit is finished in satin (between matt and gloss). The glossy finish is applied a lot on leatherette / imitation leather and more rarely on leather. However, we can easily provide a glossy varnish if that is your wish. From the picture, I'd say it's a shiny finish. If this is what you want, indicate the finish in the comments when you place your order.

Concerning the duration of the renovation, you can accelerate the drying with a cuttlefish hair (cold position) and thus pass your 1st coat of varnish. Do not forget to apply 2 more layers of space after 1 month.
Many car refinishers do the job during the day using the hair dryer and give the customer varnish that he will have to apply himself later as indicated above. So you should be able to use your vehicle very quickly.

For oil, you do not necessarily have to pass it before renovation, unless your leather is really dry (which is obviously not your case). Over the next few months, apply 2 or 3 coats to nourish it and restore its suppleness.

If you do your renovation correctly and apply the cleaning products as indicated, we guarantee a minimum of 5 years of wear in heavy use.

The kit you mention is perfectly adapted for your case. However, you will need to obtain acetone to break the original varnish and allow the dye to descend into the fibres. To do this, simply lightly sand your leather with the sandpaper provided in the leather, then strip without too much pressure with acetone before colouring.
We also recommend a double cleaning with the universal cleaner/remover, which is really a great product to remove any traces of sebum (among other things).

Finally, to answer your last question, if the first layer of dye you apply does not adhere well despite drying, it means that your leather has been badly cleaned, that its fibres are saturated, and that the dye does not go down and remains on the surface. It is then necessary to start cleaning again in a more thorough way.

Hoping to have answered all your questions....

answer

Hello and thank you for your feedback!

I hesitate between the glossy and matt finish.
A few more questions and I won't bother you anymore:)
Will the varnish (if I choose the matt finish) still give shine or does it act as a protector?
Do you have 2 photos showing the differences on black so that I can choose the right version?

I plan to buy the front / rear door panels that are like that: Model 1 or

answer

Last question:)

How to pass effectively through areas such as edges, at the joint between the seat and backrest?

answer

Hello,

If you take a matt finish for the varnish, it will be matt (really matt) without any shine. We do not recommend it.
The best advice we can give you is the satin finish that will still give you a certain shine.

For the application of the recolouring agent between the seat and the backrest, use a flat painter's brush!

answer

Well, I followed it well, my leather was just to varnish and patatra, I put the silky varnish on the foam roller and throw it in the garbage can for 1 day of work.

The roller has made bubbles and whether it is with the roller, with the sponge, the two even humidifies I have a foam as if the verbis was soap.

realizing the disaster, I try to attenuate by rubbing gently, and this is the coloring that leaves

don't admit defeat, I dry, remove the traces and re-dye again

I try to verbalize again with the roller slightly dampened but yours has made I have traces and a foam tray as a paint tray guide

I don't know what to do anymore:(

do not

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Leather steering wheel renovation tutorial
Par Philippe, le 30/12/2017
Leather car seat renovation tutorial
Par SOFOLK, le 04/02/2019
Utilizzo vernice pelle per pannello porte ?
Par Max, le 17/04/2024
Bmw z4 perlgrau
Par Teme, le 16/04/2024
Restauro sedili audi tt 1.8 t quattro del 2005
Par Massimo, le 10/04/2024
Rinnovo volante pelle jaguar
Par Maxime, le 08/04/2024
Color change on bmw seats
Par Samppa, le 26/03/2024
Teasla beige interior to ultra-white
Par Abbi, le 01/10/2023
Change to lighter colour