leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Recommended products and quantities for renovation sofas and pouffes

12 answers

Hello

I just bought a lounge set composed of a 3-seater sofa, a 2-seater sofa and a Ligne Roset brand pouffe that I want to detach and give it back a little color without necessarily removing the patina side that suits it.

The leather is in a super condition, well thick, smooth and always very soft. The stains on the seats are small and few in number but scattered all over the place. The latter come mainly from food (fat, ice, yoghurt...). A much larger stain (diameter 20cm!) comes very likely from the head of the former owner who used to always sit in the same place to watch TV, so probably a sebum stain from the scalp.

I attach some pictures to help you visualize what this set looks like.

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/86/30/71/dscn6611.jpg

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/86/30/71/dscn6612.jpg

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/86/30/71/dscn6613.jpg

Can you please tell me the treatment to be given to him as well as the quantities of product to order?

For information the dimensions are as follows:

- Large sofa L224 P99 H82
- Small sofa L189 P99 H82
- Ottoman L72 P72 H41

For the color I think I get for reference 314

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Gffy

answer

Hello,

Hello,

First of all, clean the sebum with the Cleaner (link below). This operation is done over a period of several days, it is necessary to repeat at least 4 or 5 times after drying to remove all the dirt encrusted on the head. for the recoloration we recommend the kit 6/7 places given the size of the parts to be recolored. It is impossible to make a partial renovation of your living room because the sebum stain can only be removed with at least 2 coats of recolouring agent... You have a very good full grain leather but the problem are the inlaid stains hence the need for recolouring.

https://www.renovation-du-cuir.fr/en-gb/leather-sofa/kit-renovation-salon-cuir-canape-dangle-6-7-places--ki67f.html

https://www.renovation-du-cuir.fr/en-gb/leather-sofa/nettoyant-sebum--nettseb.html

Sincerely

Sofolk

answer

Good evening

First of all a big thank you for your very quick and complete answer.

If I understand correctly, the following products are to be used in the following order:

1 - Sebum cleaner to remove the stain (4-5 passes)

2 - Degreaser, leather stripper (1 pass)

3 - Pigment re-colouring agent in 2 layers

4 - Silky leather varnish (1 pass)

The 125ml sebum cleaner is included in the renovation kit you specify. Is it necessary to order another bottle separately in addition, or is the 125 ml kit sufficient?

Thank you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gffy

answer

Hello,

The 125 ml can of sebum cleaner is sufficient.

You have summarized the steps of the renovation well except that before passing the cleaner stripper it is necessary to sand lightly the seats and armrests (the sandpaper is provided with the kit).

Sincerely

Sofolk

answer

Hello

Thank you very much, I place my order immediately

Sincerely,

Gffy

answer

Hello,

After having made the first sofa in July I started today to re-colour the second sofa. The new can of the pigment dye used was still sealed as a book, however, it has a dry (but still applicable) and has a very strong smell of'well made cheese'. Is this normal? Can the product still be used without compromising its durability?

Thank you for your feedback

Gffy

answer

Hello,

After having made the first sofa in July I started today to re-colour the second sofa. The new can of the pigment dye used was still sealed as a book, however, it has a dry (but still applicable) and has a very strong smell of'well made cheese'. Is this normal? Can the product still be used without compromising its durability?

Thank you for your feedback

Gffy

answer

Hello, After having made the first sofa in July I started today to re-color the second sofa. The new canister of the pigment dye used was still sealed as delivered, however, it has dried (but still applicable) and has a very strong "well made cheese" smell. Is this normal? Can the product still be used without compromising its durability? Thank you for your feedbackGffy

answer

Hello,

You can dilute with a little water, the product will hold without problem but it is unpleasant to apply. Do not leave the products for too long in the heat, even in a firm can. If you have a color of the color chart we can replace it.

Qty.

Sofolk

answer

Thank you very much for your quick feedback, it is very appreciated, if the product's performance is not compromised, I will apply it like this. Thank you again Gffy

answer

Finally I couldn't paint the couch. The pigment dye is too dry even when diluted with water. That makes "lumps", I preferred to stop. If your replacement offer still stands, it would be with great pleasure. Gffy

answer

Yes of course, but what color, you have ordered 2 colors the 314 and the 286 .

Qty.

Sofolk

answer

Hello, I had modified the colors following receipt of the color chart. In this case it's the green 349 I would need to make my 3-seater sofa. Thank you very much.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Dying a natuzzi sofa
Par Bill, le 15/01/2024
Sofa green colour with light black effect
Par MAX B, le 17/08/2020
Change of colour of sofa
Par Kd, le 14/10/2019
Stained leather renovation
Par Alain, le 09/10/2019
Renovate sofa
Par François, le 30/09/2019
A leather living room to be completely redone