leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Cracked leather sofa

6 answers
Hello, my leather sofa is cracked in some places. I have tried several renovation and maintenance products from the starwarx brand in particular but nothing is working. Thank you in advance for your help.

answer

Hello,

However, these cracks, which are no longer a depigmentation, do not pose any problem. It is necessary to apply a small coat of repair paste, sand to smooth the surface of the leather, recolour and varnish.

Qty.

answer

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer me, I took pictures from a little closer to show you. Because it's not cracked very much but it's full of microcracks. 5 years ago, some parts of my sofa were tarnished by the sun I think and the color was like "past". So I cleaned the leather with a cleaner and then pigmented it and fixed the color. The colour close to the original had returned well but the leather had become dry despite a milk applied regularly. And there recently these small cracks that appeared very quickly, thank you again in advance for your advice because I don't know anything about it.

answer

The first step in your renovation will be to grease the leather well after a thorough cleaning, wait 8 days for the oil to be well infiltrated, recolour and varnish. Milks do not infiltrate enough to rehydrate the leather well, oil alone is the right product, especially after re-colouring. Before passing the repair paste (if necessary) sand the leather with fine sandpaper (240 bodyworker), with your finger you will feel if the cracks are deep ,pass a first layer of recolouring, if the cracks are still visible, apply a layer of paste after having slightly tinted it with recolouring agent, sand and pass the second layer of recolouring agent.

Qty.

answer

Thank you very much for all your explanations.

I'm really happy because I thought my couch was ruined.

You say that first you have to clean thoroughly, then oil and wait a week.

That's what I'm going to do first.

Do you have product names to carry out these first two steps?

Thank you again

answer

To clean before re-colouring, we recommend acetone. This product dries out the leather a little, compensate by pouring a cap of Edible Oil into a liter of acetone, this is the oil you need.

Qty.

answer

Thank you for all these explanations. I'll try to do that. Thank you again.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Dying a natuzzi sofa
Par Bill, le 15/01/2024
Sofa green colour with light black effect
Par MAX B, le 17/08/2020
Change of colour of sofa
Par Kd, le 14/10/2019
Stained leather renovation
Par Alain, le 09/10/2019
Renovate sofa
Par François, le 30/09/2019
A leather living room to be completely redone