leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Renovation sofa imitation leather by cast

10 answers

Hello,

I followed your recommendations to renovate a chocolate "By Cast" imitation leather sofa with a cleaning step and a step of applying a colourless protective coat with a roller. This sofa had no holes, but wear and tear on the surface with a sticky/sticky appearance when you sit in it in the most stressed areas.

The result: the surface sticks less when you sit down, but still sticks a little and the protective layer has left in places in the form of more or less large blisters. Photos are available.

Please indicate a procedure to me to achieve a better result.

answer

Hello,

You have proceeded as follows, please list precisely the steps of your renovation.

Sincerely

The SOFOLK team

answer

Hello,

I simply cleaned the whole sofa with a microfiber and the leatherette cleaner you offer. I waited 24 hours to dry and then applied the imitation leather protection product you sell (order N BDC10722) to the roller, and I removed the bubbles when applying it by ironing the roller 5' after a first pass. I let it dry 48 hours before use. Is my substrate sufficiently cleaned before application or do I need an additional treatment in the most worn areas or a second protective layer for the areas where it still sticks a little?

answer

Hello,

The very worn parts would certainly have required a re-colouring, apply a 2nd coat will be better. For areas that stick a little, do not hesitate to degrease again.

Sincerely

The SOFOLK team

answer

Hello,

The very worn parts would certainly have required a re-colouring, apply a 2nd coat will be better. For areas that stick a little, do not hesitate to degrease again.

Sincerely

The SOFOLK team

answer

Hello,

after light sanding and cleaning with your product and then acetone the appearance in places is very rough and there are "stains" of non-uniform color. Is it necessary to do a recolouring before applying the colourless protective layer? What a procedure and products.

I have the ref of the sofa for the chocolate brown color

Attached pictures

Sincerely

answer

Hello,

I didn't get an answer to my last request and the last photos sent with acetone degreasing. I think I need to do a re-colouring before applying the protective coat.

Here are the ref:

Twist sofa 3 pl in bycast leather

Collar 01380/57350

Year 2003

(It's dark brown, chocolate)

Thank you for making me a price offer.

Sincerely

answer

answer

answer

answer

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS