leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Renovation of torn / cracked car seat

18 answers

Hello,

I'm considering renovating my car leather interior. The two front seats are very used (cracks and several tears, see picture)

Do you think it's still possible?

For two seats, how much repair paste is needed? 20 or 50 ml? Ditto for the pigment recolouring agent (250 or 500)

Do you offer replacement leather pieces to slide under the tears or do you have to supply them elsewhere?

I also read that you must first sand the leather before applying the treatment. Considering its current state, I hesitate a little to do it for fear of generating new tears (it is so dry). Can't I first feed him a little oil?

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,
You are right it is necessary to grease the leather before any repairs. We recommend sanding the leather before applying the pigment recolouring agent to ensure that the varnish is destroyed. This light sanding, with a fine sandpaper, does not damage the leather, even very dry. We provide the leather parts free of charge (please ask for it in the "comment" box when ordering). Your leather car seat is repairable, but you will have to laminate the entire leather edge with a tear. The colour of your seats as well as the porosity of the leather encourages us to recommend 500 ml of pigment re-colouring agent.
Sincerely

answer

Good evening,

Thank you for your answer. Can you specify the "lamination of a piece on the whole panel? Isn't gluing a small piece of leather under the tear and smoothing with the repair paste enough?

Complementary question, of the same order: my central armrest is even more damaged. Beyond the tears, will the repair paste be enough to fill the material that has left? Or will it be necessary to replace it with a new piece of leather?

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

It is preferable, as for the armrest, to make a lamination on the whole weakened part so as not to have to repair within a few months a place just next to the tear.

Qty.

answer

Good evening,

Good note.

However, can you clarify the concept of'lamination'? Do you have a photo as an example?

In concrete terms, does cellla mean gluing a new piece of leather to the existing leather (patch?). How can we make sure that this is not very visible?

MErci

answer

Laminating consists in gluing a very fine piece of leather under the damaged leather between the foam and the flesh side of the damaged leather. The leather repair paste is used for gluing because it does not retract the leather when drying. It also allows the necessary time to properly position the new leather piece, and to plaster the damaged leather on it.

answer

Blower,

Just one more little complementary question:

One of the tears is at a seam (see photo). Is it necessary to remove the seam on the whole tear in order to laminate a piece of leather underneath or is there another technique in this case?

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

You should proceed as if it were a tear in the middle of the panel but try to remove the inner edge of the leather used for sewing to make the gluing as flat as possible.

Qty.

Sofolk

answer

Hello,

Do you keep the information on the dosage of pigment dyes in order to provide exactly the same colour if an additional order is placed?

I'm a little afraid not to finish the entire interior with what I have left now.

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

The colours manufactured according to the sample are kept for one month. The colours of the colour chart are made on a machine whose data are stored on a computer.

Qty.

answer

Hello,

I have a problem with the repair. In some places, the leather is sticky and gets dirty very quickly.

I can clean with hot water and Marseille soap, but it doesn't help anything except to gradually remove the colouring and facilitate the return of cracks?

What should be done? Come back? I tried with the very little leftover varnish, but I didn't see any improvement

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

Have you sprayed oil on sticky areas?

Qty.

answer

I did it this morning, but I feel like it's still a little sticky despite everything.

Do you think we should revisit it?

answer

Hello,

It was a question, on the leather to repair with the paste it is better to avoid the oil. The leather sticks after a renovation for 2 reasons ,either a greasy product remains in the leather, or the original varnish or another product prevents the recolouring from penetrating. For this reason, the paste must be well sanded before re-colouring. How long have you been finishing the renovation?

Qty.

answer

Ow... I put it everywhere because of what I thought was a suggestion.

The repair was completed 5/6 months ago, but it stuck from the beginning.

answer

Good evening,

In the end, what would you suggest I do?

Will there be any interest in coming back?

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

The first thing to do is to clean the sticky areas by removing the varnish if necessary. Ironing varnish will not prevent the leather from sticking. It is necessary either to degrease the sticky areas or to remove the recolouring agent. We may be able to try another re-colouring agent, but we have to undo and redo the re-colouring in sticky areas.

Qty.

answer

Hello,

Good note. Unfortunately, for having done it several times, degreasing the leather does not work and results in the varnish and also the colouring.

And since I couldn't get the shade from you... I have to understand that I left to do a complete shade again because the treatment by piece will lead to differences in color (no chance of having exactly the same shade). Not great. Not great.

With what would you advise to degrease and blow the varnish, if by any chance I was going in that direction?

Thank you in advance

answer

Hello,

We recommend acetone.

We can redo the coloring without any problem, we have your sample. Tell us how many re-colourants you need.

Qty.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Leather steering wheel renovation tutorial
Par Philippe, le 30/12/2017
Leather car seat renovation tutorial
Par SOFOLK, le 04/02/2019
Couleur sièges bmw
Par Maxime, le 21/04/2024
Steering wheel leather renovation - mercedes clk w209
Par Allicerrot, le 21/04/2024
Utilizzo vernice pelle per pannello porte ?
Par Max, le 17/04/2024
Bmw z4 perlgrau
Par Teme, le 16/04/2024
Restauro sedili audi tt 1.8 t quattro del 2005
Par Massimo, le 10/04/2024
Rinnovo volante pelle jaguar
Par Maxime, le 08/04/2024
Color change on bmw seats
Par Samppa, le 26/03/2024
Teasla beige interior to ultra-white
Par Abbi, le 01/10/2023
Direct from the manufacturer