leave a message
RENOVATION PRODUCTS FOR LEATHER, LEATHERETTE, PLASTIC...
Customer area
Cart
FR
EN
ES
IT
French products direct from the manufacturer

Leather and leatherette

10 answers

Hello

I recently ordered a complete kit to fully restore the upholstery of my Peugeot 205 convertible roland garros, which shows some cracks on the leather parts.

In order to reduce manufacturing costs, Peugeot has put leatherette on the backs of the seats and leather on the rest. I know this because several people have told me, but visually you don't see the difference.

When ordering, the white I ordered is very slightly whiter than the colour of the leather, it didn't want to but it doesn't bother me personally, the leatherette door panels are whiter than the seats. As its colors will be more harmonious.

I would like to know what are the effects/risks of the pigment recolouring agent on leather on leatherette? As it is a seat back, there is no special effort or movement as for a seat or the pads that are on both sides of the thighs.

In the case of the backs, a degreasing then recolorization and varnish is sufficient? or I apply the same procedure as for leather with nourishing oil?

Thank you in advance for your answer:)

answer

I would like to add that I cannot say what the leatherette pieces on the back are, whether it is the entire back or only the central part.

answer

Hello,

As there is no traction and therefore no extension of the support, you can re-colour the leatherette with the pigment re-colouring agent. Do not degrease with the degreaser, but just with a little soapy water. Then re-colour your leatherette.
Note that the varnish may be a little more difficult to spread because it is not intended for leatherette. Do not use any oil!

answer

The leatherette parts are all those that "look" towards the rear window. The sides are made of leather.

answer

Thank you for your Sofolk :D reactivity

Ah well watchmakerjp, what are you doing here? your seats are already restored XD

So if I understood correctly, the 5 parts that make up the back are made of leatherette, and the sides parallel to the doors are made of leather?

I just started a back seat, the putty is put on and sanded, I apply some re-colouring with a brush around the seams as you explained it to me:)

answer

Hello,

This weekend I was able to start re-coloring the leathers, I have another question:

The seams being red, and the leather white, I want to keep the red seams because they are part of the charm of the car.

Over time a good part of it is discoloured and the red has become bland, I avoid as much as possible having recolouring on it but it is not obvious (I first make the outline of the seams with a fine brush and then I apply the recolouring by dabbing it with a foam, but it is not obvious to have a homogeneous colour afterwards).

How can I recolour the seams? using a felt / marker / red paint?

The seams should not fade if you come to sit on the seats with a slightly damp clothing after a rain.

answer

The silky varnish is not yet applied, I wait until tomorrow evening to do 48 hours:)

With kind regards

Maxime

answer

Hello,

We have a hairspray to prevent the dyes from overflowing.

answer

Great:)

I looked for your hairspray on the website but I didn't find it, would it be possible to have the link? As I will add it when I place my next order.

I may think about ordering again before the end of the year because the 250ml of pigment re-colouring agent seems a little weak to me.

Sincerely

Maxime

answer

Are you sure you didn't overload? You saw what I had left when we have the same seats, or it was the leatherette part that made you consume a lot more product...

answer

Hello,

The hairspray is a workshop product not for sale on the site. Send us an email with your name, we will send you a can of hairspray.

Qty.

OTHER SIMILAR TOPICS
Leather steering wheel renovation tutorial
Par Philippe, le 30/12/2017
Leather car seat renovation tutorial
Par SOFOLK, le 04/02/2019
Utilizzo vernice pelle per pannello porte ?
Par Max, le 17/04/2024
Bmw z4 perlgrau
Par Teme, le 16/04/2024
Restauro sedili audi tt 1.8 t quattro del 2005
Par Massimo, le 10/04/2024
Rinnovo volante pelle jaguar
Par Maxime, le 08/04/2024
Color change on bmw seats
Par Samppa, le 26/03/2024
Teasla beige interior to ultra-white
Par Abbi, le 01/10/2023
Change to lighter colour